Take Advantage of our Insurer Know-How!
For most people, an accident isn’t a frequent occasion. As a result, they’re unfamiliar with all the procedures their insurance company requires to secure an estimate, get it approved, get the repairs done and arrange for payment. Our auto body shop is here to help!
At Travelers Body and Fender Works Inc., we deal with insurers every day, and know how to help you navigate the process. We’re a preferred provider for many of the nation’s largest carriers, and over the years we’ve worked with many throughout the nation. So, we’re always ready to explain the entire process to you, help you contact the right person at your insurance company, arrange for payment, and keep you informed every-step-along the way.
With Travelers Body & Fender we can:
- We can work directly with your agent
- Set you up with a rental car
- Provide you with a written estimate
Under California insurance Code §758.5 an insurance company cannot require that an automobile be repaired at a specific repair shop. However, an insurance company can recommend that an automobile be repaired at a specific repair shop under the following conditions outlined by law:
- The consumer specifically requests a recommendation from the insurance company to a repair shop.
- The consumer has been informed in writing of the right to select a repair shop of his or her choice.
- If the consumer agrees to use the recommended repair shop, the insurance company must restore the damaged vehicle to its condition prior to the accident or loss with no additional cost other than as stated in the policy or as otherwise allowed by law.
- If the company makes an oral recommendation to a repair shop, and it is accepted by the consumer, then the company must follow the oral recommendation with the prescribed written notice within five calendar days as specified by law.
If the vehicle is repaired in a shop chosen by the consumer, then the insurance company must pay the reasonable costs to repair the vehicle in a workmanlike manner. The insurance company is prohibited from limiting or discounting reasonable repair costs based on charges that would have occurred if the vehicle had been repaired at the company’s recommended repair shop. Also, the insurance company must stand behind the repairs of the recommended shop if the vehicle is not repaired properly.
Travelers Body is a certified Direct Repair Provider (DRP) for many of the nation’s top insurance companies including: